Health Fitness Beauty | Natural Health | Fitness | Woman Health | Online Doctor

Apr 10, 2011

What Exactly is Healthy Eating?


Today's Lesson:
The body can easily become off-balance if you continuously put the wrong foods in your body.
It is so easy to do in this fast pace world - to just grab something quick that most of the time does not fall into the category of healthy eating. What exactly is eating healthy anyway? It is getting whole foods in throughout the day filled with complete proteins, complex carbohydrates and fruits and vegetables. Most people skimp on the protein and don't seem to realize how important it is. Protein is the building block of cells - it is how you body regenerates. Most people are used to the term DEgenerates (process of aging) and have learned to accept this as their ultimate fate. But did you know you can REgenerate? Yes - if you eat quality proteins and quality food on a regular basis your body will generate new healthy cells - which is the opposite of aging.
I personally feel (and look!) better at 40 than I did in my late 20's! My diet was filled with simple carbs and sugar. I felt awful, my hair was thinning and my skin was dull. Since changing my diet - not only do I feel better but my skin and hair is much healthier and radiant. The body CAN heal and repair!

Today's Incident:
I have recently been promoting a meal delivery service to gyms in the Philadelphia and NJ areas. I am (once again) astonished by what I hear and the questions I get. What should I be eating? What is a protein? What exactly is a complex carbohydrate? It is a shame we don't spend more time educating people on what healthy eating really is. I know I didn't understand it when I was addicted to sugar. I was following the no fat concept which really took me down the wrong path. If you don't know how to eat you really need to take the time to learn. Your body will thank you...

Action:
If you really don't know how to eat and you don't cook and you don't want to cook - thankfully - there are some decent services out there to help you out. Coaching people with weight loss I realize this is a big problem. Even if I teach them how to eat - they still may have problem putting it into action if they simple don't have the time to plan, shop, cook, and clean up. If this is your story you may want to look into one of the many meal delivery services that are now available. If you are lucky and in the Phila, NJ, Virginia, DC, Delaware or San Francisco area there services that deliver fresh (not frozen) foods to local gyms for you to pickup. This saves you the high shipping costs and you get fresh, healthy, well -balanced food. Now there really is no excuse. If you aren't eating healthy and you want to look and feel better - there are options! These services are well priced and convenient. My advice is to get off of the "diet" mentality and start to feed the body properly and get it back in balance. Simply eating regular well-balanced meals and cutting out the junk will have you shedding fat in no time. No wonder there are so many testimonies of people losing weight on these meal delivery services! People either didn't know how to eat healthy before or simply didn't have the time to figure it out on a daily basis.

No comments: