Health Fitness Beauty | Natural Health | Fitness | Woman Health | Online Doctor

Mar 17, 2011

Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer Review


Omron HJ 112 Digital Pocket Pedometer Review
I believe having a good pedometer is a necessity if you are serious about health and weight loss!  Do you need one? Probably not. But, it’s irreplaceable when it comes to measuring calories burned, distance walked and it keeps you motivated when you look down at the little screen and see your progress for the day!
But, beware, not all pedometers are the same.  There are some really good pedometers and some really cheap, basically worthless one’s, as well.  I have gone through probably a dozen or so pedometers in my life time, all of which either broke, stopped working or weren’t accurate.  This is why I want to introduce you to the pedometer that I now personally use and absolutely love!
It seems as if I’m not alone either as it is Consumer Reports #1 rated digital pedometer AND the best-selling pedometer on Amazon.com with over 3,000 reviews and a 4.5 out of 5 star rating!
Enter the Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer!
This pedometer has advanced, dual sensor technology that allows it to accurately track your steps and other data when it’s carried in your shirt/pants pocket or bag. In other words, you could just throw it in your purse and track all of your activity for a day! You can also attach it to your belt like a traditional pedometer.
The HJ-112 accurately measures your steps, as well as aerobic steps and even tracks minutes. You can also use it to measure the calories you burned during workouts, as well as the distance you’ve traveled, which are my two favorite features of this pedometer.
It also boasts a large, easy-to-read LCD display which can simultaneously display aerobic steps and minutes walked. Plus, it records a seven day history so you can review a full weeks worth of exercise.
This unit comes with a detachable belt holder and security strap and is powered by a replaceable lithium battery (CR2032) that will last six months when used for walking 10,000 steps a day.
Pros
  • Extremely affordable (and currently 44% off on Amazon.com)
  • You can carry it in your purse or pocket bag.
  • One of the most accurate pedometers I’ve used!
  • Measures calories burned and distance.
  • Large easy-to-read display
  • Comes with belt holder and security strap
  • Records up to a week’s worth of data
  • Light weight
  • Cons

I have yet to find a serious downside to this pedometer.  I suppose if you don’t have a tiny screw driver you might find it hard to change the battery, but other than that this pedometer has performed flawlessly.
Why I use it
I love to go hiking and running off the beaten path, so to speak.  My community offers a wide variety of paved trails and dirt nature trails that make it hard for me to just jump in a car to measure how many miles long they are.  This pedometer makes it extremely easy to track how far I walk/run on these trails, how many steps I take and how many calories I burned!  And since it stores all of my personal data, I can try to beat my previous days record so that I can keep improving and make progress! This alone will help you to drastically lose weight and improve your health!

No comments: