Health Fitness Beauty | Natural Health | Fitness | Woman Health | Online Doctor

Feb 13, 2011

How to lose fat off your butt and legs easily


Lose fat off your butt and legs!

That’s right! You can lose fat off of your butt and legs. Normally I wouldn’t talk about spot reducing like it is possible but scientific research seems to have proven otherwise!

Weight loss exercise plan that burns fat from your butt and legs

I know I have mentioned this story before but I don’t feel I gave it the attention it might deserve. Here at Real Women’s Fitness the number one reason people find this site through Google.com is by searching for posts relating to toning the butt, losing fat off the butt… anything to do with the butt! It seems as though women really aren’t happy with their rear ends lately.
So, when this research came out I mentioned it in a post but I didn't elaborate on it too much. Now, though, I feel it is important for all of us to know what the research is saying and to give it a go ourselves to see if it really works.

What weight loss research?

The University of New South Wales (UNSW) has been testing an old but not very popular workout program whereby women cycle on an exercise bike for 20 minutes. It is not a normal ride, however, as the women have to sprint for eight seconds and then cycle lightly for 12.

What were the results?

It seems that the results were quite dramatic and much better than expected. The Daily Telegraph wrote:
“They lost three times more weight as other women who exercised at a continuous, regular pace for 40 minutes,” UNSW Associate Professor Steve Boutcher said.
This is pretty amazing news for women who are struggling to lose weight or need to lose a little bit in a short amount of time. Three times the amount is a big number. Think about it. If you lose one kilogram a week by going to the gym three times a week, if you change to this new program you could be losing as much as three kilograms in a week. That’a huge difference!

But I thought you said I could lose weight off my butt?

Well, that’s the next amazing result that has come out of this study. The researchers have claimed that if you follow this exercise program on an exercise bike you are likely to burn more fat from your legs and butt than from other places on your body.
The scientists found their method could “spot reduce” troublesome areas such as legs and buttocks.
I am not entirely sure this is true and I will have to test it for myself. I would love other readers to give this plan a try as well and see what your own body does.
I would also be interested to see whether an exercise like rowing or boxing that is more to do with the upper body and arms could spot reduce on the arms and upper body? If so, many bodybuilders would be interested.
Conclusion
While I am not convinced that the spot reducing claims are true, it is very important for us to keep up with the latest research. Science is always bringing new information to light and this helps everyone on their weight loss or health struggles.

No comments: