Health Fitness Beauty | Natural Health | Fitness | Woman Health | Online Doctor

May 20, 2011

Weight Loss For Women


If you are a woman that wants to burn belly fat, you need a female fat loss workout, right? Seems pretty straight forward, but did you know that traditional cardio and high rep workouts are not the best female weight loss programs?
Everyone’s crunched for time these days, but nothing compares to being a mom. You work, you take care of the kids, and you still want to find time to get a great fat burning workout in over the day in as little time as possible.
That’s why I get very frustrated when I receive emails like this one describing archaic training programs. These cookie-cutter programs aren’t efficient or even effective. Fortunately, I’ve included my exercise solution and a bonus butt-muscles workout below.
The letter…
Dear CB,
Here’s an example of a recent workout w/ my trainer:
Leg ext. 40pds 3 sets of 15
Leg Press 130pds 3 sets of 15
Lunges (in place) 15pds 3 sets of 15 each leg
Inner/Outer Thigh 55pds 3 sets of 15
Seated Leg Curl 50pds 3 sets of 15
Seated Chest Press 35pds 3 sets of 15
Dumbbell Incline Bench Press 12pds 3 sets of 15
Flat Dumbbell Flyes 10pds 3 sets of 15
Bench Dips 3 sets of 15
Tricep Kickbacks 8 to 10pds 3 sets of 15
Reverse Pushdowns 3 to 4 plates 3 sets of 15
Crunches (varied)
Cardio (45 mins to an hour, usually either 15 mins on various machines, or a 5K on the treadmill)
I’ve only dropped 12 pounds since last May, despite spending so much time in the gym.
Also, I work nightshift at a local hospital, so all my meals are sort of flip-flopped. I work out first thing in the morning, after working the night before, then go home and sleep. I try NOT to eat post-workout (just before bedtime).
What do you think? Can you help me? I’m committed to doing whatever’s necessary. Any suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated!
CB’s reply…
Thanks for your email.
Well, here’s the truth. If I had to write a program that I’d tell everyone not to use, then your program would be it.
My fat loss program is incredibly different from the one you use and its more efficient and effective.
You need to focus on total body training and nutrition, not high reps and slow cardio. And all that ab work? A waste of time.
Now I appreciate all the work that you do at the hospital, as I think that all hospital workers are underappreciated, plus it is not ideal that you work overnight but that is the way it is, i guess. However, you need to do the best you can to eat frequently.
Stay consistent on this program and you’ll lose 12 pounds in less than half the time you wasted on the other program.
Say goodbye to the marathon, high rep, low intensity, long cardio workouts and get with the strength and interval plan for burning belly fat.
P.S. Here’s a bodyweight only butt-training bonus:
Here’s a beginner butt specific bodyweight exercise that every woman can do at home.
After your warmup, but before your main workout, do the following exercises in order with no rest between exercises. After you finish the side plank, rest 1 minute and then go through the “tri-set” 2 more times:
Single-leg hip extension: 8 reps (2-1-1-2) – the last number in the tempo recommendations means hold the top position for a 2 count.
Bird Dogs: 5 reps (1-1-1-5) – 5 second hold at top
Side Plank: 3×20 seconds

No comments: