Health Fitness Beauty | Natural Health | Fitness | Woman Health | Online Doctor

May 20, 2011

Ask Yourself This Question


Every morning I review my secret, sacred “guiding documents” that keep me on track to doing what I love, helping others, and of course, building a lean muscular physique and increasing my vitality & health.
And today just happened to be the day that I was to review this question from my quotations document:
1) Is the life you’re living worth what you are giving up to have it?
You may have heard this question in church, at a personal development seminar, or even just from a respected elder. But it could be one of the most powerful questions anyone will ever ask you.
Are working too much for too little? Sacrificing time with your family just to make a few extra bucks to buy things you don’t need? Are you sacrificing your long term health and vitality in exchange for the rush and recklessness of cigarettes & alcohol? Are you giving in to junk food which causes belly fat and leads to you being discriminated against at work? Are you skipping workouts to watch TV or sit at the bar, leaving you without the lean mass you desire?
So many questions…and I’m not done yet. And yes, I realize that you probably want me to shut up and stop challenging you.
(Reminds me of the old Saturday Night Live skit where Dana Carvey playing Bono comes out and says, “Am I bugging ya? I don’t mean to bug ya.”)
But I DO mean to bug you.
Once you’ve answered that question, answer these:
Are you doing what you want in life? Are you living the personal life that you want? Are you doing enough of the little things that make you happy? Are you spending enough time with the people that make you happy? Are you making the best use of the limited time you have?
Now I know that some folks will answer a resounding “YES!” to all of these, and I’m super proud of you and happy for you.
But for others, answering these questions might be like getting a bucket of icey cold water to the face.
These questions are a wake-up call.
But there’s light at the end of the tunnel.
So here’s the most important question to ask yourself…this is THE LIFE-CHANGING question…
If things aren’t going great, what’s at least one thing you can do to start making a change right now, today?
You don’t have to tell me (but if you want to comment below or send me a message on Facebook, that’s cool – I’d like to hear from you and maybe even help guide you to a solution).
But most importantly, just tell yourself, and then get started on making the change. That’s how you get things done.
Remember what I said earlier today…research shows that the biggest regret people have in life is not something they did, but something they DIDN’T do.
And I don’t want you to go through life regretting that you never did this or that, because as my friend Vince Del Monte says, “living a life of regret SUCKS”.
If you have regrets right now, you need to change. And yes, it will require you getting outside of your comfort zone, but that is what life is all about.
That is how we live the life worth living. Yes?
If you want to motivated to find your mission in life, to build the lean mass you want and deserve, to find the MATE you desire, and yes, to even earn the money you deserve, then I highly recommend you take action and start making a change today.
It’s not “just” about workouts. It’s about working on every part of YOU so that you live the life you’ve always wanted to live.
If you want to change, start taking action now.

No comments: